Reclaim, Rebuild and Thrive. As the second most stressful life event after experiencing the death of a loved one, divorce can be exceptionally taxing on one’s mental health and wellbeing.
When individuals go through a divorce, it can bring about feelings of overwhelm for them. Many who experience a separation or a divorce may feel as though everything they thought to be true about life and marriage is not the case, and subsequently may feel at a loss and experience a sense of hopelessness, doubt and overall confusion.
When dealing with a divorce, one may experience an episode of anxiety and/or depression. Issues arise when these symptoms are ignored and not treated properly. Anxiety and depression may impair one’s ability to make sound decisions during divorce proceedings, regarding what would be in the best interest of yourself and your children (if you’re a parent). Even after the divorce has been settled, one may only then feel as though they have the space to process the end of the relationship or their hopes and life goals which were linked to that relationship.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS GROUP:
- Have a safe space to share the daily challenges they face in dealing with their divorce
- Be equipped with evidence-based strategies in coping with their stressors
- Have their experiences normalized through the power of sharing
- Feel a sense of containment & support with what they are experiencing at present
- Have the opportunity to broaden their social circle through connecting with others in the group
Support Group Etiquette:
Participation and respect for the group and for others is important. Please ensure that your video camera is turned on for the full duration of the group, just as you would if you were seeing others face-to-face for an in-person group. Admission into the group will close 10 minutes after it has started. We thank you in advance and look forward to welcoming you.