We believe that a confidential, mutually respectful partnership between clients and their clinicians is the best way to develop and maintain optimal well-being. Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a client of TLA is a central to this partnership.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO:
- Considerate, respectful, and dignified care regardless of your race, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, military status, age, or any disability.
- Be informed of the goals, purposes, techniques, limitations, possible risks and benefits of the services to be performed regarding your diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Strict confidentiality, privacy, and security, in regards to your care, information, and records.
- Have a clear explanation of the professional fee and billing structure.
- Have information about the qualifications, accreditation, and licensing of the clinician working with you
- Be involved in the treatment decisions surrounding your care.
- Refuse or terminate therapy at any time for any reason, with or without notice.
- Present any concerns or grievances about services and receive a response in a timesensitive manner.
- Seek a meeting with The LightHouse Arabia if a dispute between you and your clinician cannot be resolved.
- Closure from therapy.
YOU HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Provide your clinician with information that is accurate and complete with information required to assess the need for and provide care for you.
- Ask for clarification of things you do not understand or are unsure about.
- Behave in a respectful manner with all team members from The LightHouse Arabia and other clients.
- Work collaboratively upon carrying out agreed upon treatment plans.
- Adhere to the Cancellation Policy
- Not use your clinician as a crisis service.