This new monthly support group is a space for parents with children ages 6 - 11 years to discuss the challenges and stressors they face in raising their children. In a time where advice on how to manage challenges like screen time, sleep, friendships, and big emotions can be varied, parents will be able to share their dilemmas, as well as hear from other parents about things that have or haven’t worked for them.
Kindly note, this support group is not formal parenting intervention.
Benefits of attending:
- Safe and nurturing environment where various concerns and challenges relating to parenting can be explored.
- Practical tips and strategies around helping your child manage big feelings, such as anger outbursts, anxiety, or sadness.
- Connect with other parents who may have similar experiences to yours
- Social support and linking with people in the community
- Support and guidance around different parenting approaches.
- Guidance on how to manage challenging behavior, school refusal, excessive screen time, friendship difficulties, and building self-confidence.
Support Group Etiquette:
Participation and respect for the group and for others is important. Please ensure that your video camera is turned on for the full duration of the group, just as you would if you were seeing others face-to-face for an in-person group. Admission into the group will close 10 minutes after it has started. We thank you in advance and look forward to welcoming you.