The topic for this month's SMART Parenting Journeys workshop is: A SMART Start to Child Mental Health
The SMART Parenting Journey series of workshops are for parents who wish to be more conscious and authentic in their parenting, and to equip them with the necessary skills to increase their self-awareness, understand their own emotional triggers, as well as cultivate Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in their children.
By attending this workshop, parents will walk away with:
- Understanding why mental health matters and how to cultivate a shared language in the home environment.
- Understanding how your childhood experiences influence your parenting style.
- Learning how to recognize and respond to a child who is beginning to struggle with their mental health or currently experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Learning how to break unhelpful patterns and embrace your child's emotions with empathy and understanding.
- Knowing when to refer out to a professional for support.
This workshop is suitable for:
Parents of children and teenagers aged 6-16