Addressing the distressing current events within schools is a critical role for school counselors.
When world events permeate the school environment, they can create a climate of anxiety, confusion, or fear among students. School counselors are uniquely positioned to provide support and guidance to students and the school community.
You will learn:
• What trauma is, and the types of trauma responses triggered by current events
• The role of social media in amplifying collective & secondary trauma
• Recognizing trauma reactions in students
• Addressing distressing events as a school and in the classroom
• Strategies for school counselors
• Teaching conscious and responsible social media use