The LightHouse Arabia Clinical Workshop Series:
Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): Guiding Adolescents and Adults to Develop Rich and Meaningful Lives
Date & Time:
Wednesday 21 & Thursday 22 February, 2024
9am – 2pm (10 hours total) 2-Part Training
Location: In-person at The LightHouse Arabia (Al Wasl Rd branch)
Investment: 1,750 AED per person + 5% VAT
Participants will receive a course manual and a certificate of attendance at the end of the 2-day training. For those collecting CME/CPD credit points, 8.5 credit points from DHA will apply.
Pre-Registration required: www.lighthousearabia.com/events
Advance booking and payment required. Limited spaces available.
THIS IN-PERSON TRAINING IS SUITABLE FOR
• School counselors and nurses working with primary school children and above
• Psychiatrists with psychotherapy experience
• General practitioners
• Executive and Life coaches
ABOUT ACT THERAPY
ACT is one of the fastest-growing, evidence-based behavioral therapies, with demonstrated effectiveness for primary school children, adolescents and adults.
ACT stands out in that it:
• Has broad applications across the range of mental health issues, and especially for anxiety, mood, and eating disorders
• Is a heavily experiential type of therapy that commonly employs metaphors and dynamic activities
• Combines aspects of mindfulness and acceptance with behavioral interventions
• Emphasizes values as the compass for our behaviors
• Incorporates skills to help clients unhook from negative thought patterns
• Can be used as a comprehensive model or parts of it can be incorporated into other therapeutic modalities
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
Participants will be taught through didactic presentations, experiential exercises, and role-plays and will gain:
• In-depth understanding of the ACT Hexaflex model in adolescents and adults
• Different tools and techniques that are used in ACT therapy
• Knowledge of how to apply ACT skills when supporting children, adolescents and adults
About the Expert Trainer:
Dr. Daniela Salazar, PhD is a clinical psychologist and Education Director at The LightHouse Arabia. Her clinical practice involves working with children, adolescents, and adults. She has been a frequent international presenter on ACT and is valued by the international community for her deep theoretical and practical knowledge of ACT. She also is a master trainer for Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and other corporate trainings. Her aim is to help clients live a fulfilled and happy life in line with their values.