Kindly note, this event is in collaboration with aKINDemy, and will take place in-person at The LightHouse Arabia. We look forward to welcoming guest panelists to engage in discussion following the talk.
aKINDemy will be displaying books under different societal and environmental topics to help parents start and navigate big conversations with well-researched books and engaging resources.
Suitable for: Parents with children ages 0 - 10 years old.
Structure: First 30-mins will be the seminar, followed by a 30-min Q&A and discussion with guest panelists. Light refreshments will be available.
About this Seminar:
C.S. Lewis said, “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” As parents, we have an instinct to protect our children from hardship, failure, and other difficult feelings and life experiences. It is hard for us to tolerate the idea of our children ‘suffering’ or being disappointed by failure. But when we are constantly protecting them, we are not allowing them to develop the resilience needed for a successful life.
Parents attending this seminar will:
- Gain an awareness of their own relationship with failure and how it influences their children.
- Learn how to reframe and relate to failure and adversity.
- Gain insight into to how to shift their mindset about failure, resulting in the whole family being able to step into their courage.
- Agne Skutelis, Founder, aKINDemy - Panel Moderator
- Jessica Smith, Paralympian, Speaker & Author
- Candice Fanucci, Founder, Pirates Surf Rescue Academy and Operations Manager, XDubai
- Christine Kritzas, Psychologist & Director, The LightHouse Arabia