Kindly note, this workshop is open to individuals ages 25 years+. The workshop will take place in-person at The LightHouse Arabia (Al Wasl Rd. branch).
Many of us often struggle to understand our feelings with our minds or to express them with words. Our emotional experiences might be too complex or overwhelming for us to examine or shift, and we may need a different process to approach this potentially daunting task.
ABOUT THIS GROUP
In this group, you will be supported to express yourself in a safe and contained way through guided drawing experiences. You will be provided with an opportunity to spontaneously and organically:
- Increase your capacity for feelings and for meeting those feelings with acceptance and compassion.
- Enhance your self awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Increase understanding of your own inner world.
- Learning safe and containing ways for soothing difficult emotions.
- Make shifts in your limiting beliefs.
This group process is best suited for individuals who:
- Find it difficult to identify and express feelings • Get easily overwhelmed by their feelings
- Have become aware of behavioral patterns which they want to change
- Want to deepen the connection with their bodies and physical sensations
- Want to complement their current talk therapy process for anxiety, depression or grief with an embodied, non-verbal process
What to expect?
You will be guided through the drawing – with your eyes closed – of certain shapes in rhythmic repetition to allow you to connect with your feelings and experience doing things differently to safely express emotions, integrate lost aspects of yourself or strengthen a resolve without engaging in the story of what happened. No sharing will be expected but time for reflection will be given. Whether you attend one session or several, each facilitates a deepening of awareness, healing and growth.
ABOUT GUIDED DRAWING
This art therapy approach has been honed over forty years by Cornelia Elbrecht, Founder and Director of the Institute for Sensorimotor Art Therapy and School for Initiatic Art Therapy. It is informed by neurobiological insights into human stress responses and the latest research and development in psychological trauma and the therapeutic impact of body-based approaches. The approach encourages listening to inner guidance, to what the body needs to restore self-esteem, balance and health. For more information on Guided Drawing, you can watch: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LXgs6SqdEmI
Investment: AED 550 + 5% VAT