From an early age, men are conditioned to believe that crying is a sign of weakness. Messages like, “boys don’t cry” or “be a man” communicate to boys that being masculine means to not talk about feelings or to share your vulnerabilities. With this framework of masculinity, many men are often disconnected to their emotions, and are not aware of their sources of distress. With the number of mental health concerns rising every year, men need to inform themselves on topics such as: What is mental health? What is the difference between good mental health vs. developing a mental health disorder like depression or anxiety? How can men safeguard their mental health?
ABOUT THIS WEBINAR:
Men’s Mind Matters is an eye-opening and foundational talk that equips people to understand what mental health is and how it presents. It takes a closer look at the issues that men have to deal with that result in them being more vulnerable to depression, substance abuse and suicide. It is a starting point to begin having critical dialogue around mental health in men’s personal and professional lives.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The prevalence of mental health issues, worldwide
- Unique challenges men face that increase their risk of mental health problems
- The difference between depression and sadness
- The difference between anxiety and worry
- How to safeguard your mental health
- How to support people with mental health difficulties