Assessment and Management in Eating Disorders in Medical Practice is an online masterclass, with participants receiving a certificate of completion and 3.1 CME/CPD credit points from DHA.
THIS MASTERCLASS IS SUITABLE FOR:
• Medical professionals in particular paediatrics, general practitioners, endocrinologists, acute/emergency care professionals
• Allied health professionals including nurses, dieticians, nutritionists
• General Psychiatrists with an interest in learning more about eating disorders
Eating disorders are the third most chronic condition in adolescence with the highest mortality rate of all psychiatric disorders.
Joint care between medical and mental health professionals is key in managing the risks associated with eating disorders and in enhancing overall quality of care.
Eating disorders are associated with a number of physical health complications and often hospital staff, dieticians or general practitioners are the first to see the patient.
PARTICIPANTS WILL WALK AWAY WITH:
• An understanding of the different types of eating disorders and how they present
• Overview of the physical and psychosocial consequences of an eating disorder, plus complications you may encounter
• Screening & assessment in a medical setting • Detailed assessment of physical health risk and refeeding risk
• Information about the TLA Eating Disorder Service: referral, assessment, treatment