DR. DANIELA SALAZAR, PhD. (Colombia)
" My aim is to help my client live a rich, full and meaningful life through psychological tools to handle thoughts and feelings"
I love listening to people and walking with them through their journey of life by giving them useful strategies to overcome whatever obstacle they might run into. As a clinical psychologist I work with my clients to transform their difficulties into meaningful and valuable experiences.
I was born in Colombia, raised in the US. I have worked in school settings as a school counselor and a special needs specialist. Also, I have worked in private practice settings for several years. I have experience in a wide range of psychological issues. However, I have a particular interest in working with couples, children and mood disorders.
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Couples Therapy
- Parenting Skills
- Child learning difficulties
- Behavioral Issues
- Neuro- Cognitive Assessmentsdevelopmental disorders
- Personality Testing
- Health Psychology
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Play Therapy
Qualifications and memberships
- PhD. Clinical Psychology (Colombia)
- MA in Health and Clinical Psychology from Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)
- BA in Psychology from Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia)
- Member of the Association for Contextual Behavioral Science
- Member of the American Psychology Association
- Registered as a Professional Clinical Psychologist in the School of Psychologist in Bogotá, Colombia