Preetha Madhavan , M. Psych (Australia)
Raised in the Middle East, I relate to being an expat as well as identify with the local culture and norms. As a result, I am able to work in a culturally sensitive way whilst appreciating each client’s diversity.
I appreciate that no single approach is the right one for every individual, and I am trained in different evidence-based psychological interventions including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and mindfulness-based therapies which enable me to practice as a compassionate and empathetic psychologist.
Additionally, I have extensive training and experience in psychoeducational assessments and evaluations of children and adolescents. I am a trained and certified ADOS-2 provider, the gold standard assessment tool for diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). I also provide assessments for ADHD, learning difficulties including impairments in reading, writing and mathematics as well as adaptive behaviour functioning. I have worked in both educational as well as clinical settings for 10 years with a primary focus on children and adolescent clients in Australia and Oman, prior to moving to the U.A.E.
- Anxiety disorders including generalised anxiety, separation anxiety, highly sensitive personalities (HSPs)
- Low mood
- Adjustment issues
- Self-esteem and self-image
- Social skills training and support
- Difficulties related to ASD and ADHD
- Family and relationship difficulties
- Parental guidance
- School consultations
- Assessment and diagnosis of cognitive, educational and developmental needs including Autism diagnosis, Attention-
Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), learning difficulties and Intellectual Disabilities