This new monthly support group is held online on Zoom and provides a safe and confidential space for parents, partners, family members and friends to share their experiences of caring for a loved one with an eating disorder. Facilitators will provide information about eating disorders and how to support your loved one, while also exploring how to care and nurture yourself while undertaking these challenges.
Kindly note, this group is not for health or education professional who are working with a person with an eating disorder.
Benefits of attending this support group:
- Meet others who are caring for a loved one with an eating disorder
- Learn more about eating disorders
- Share challenges in supporting someone with an eating disorder and learn strategies to help
- Find encouragement and emotional support
- Understand caregiver burn-out and how to support your own wellbeing