Identify. Understand. Respond.
Since the launch of Mental Health First Aid in the UAE in 2017, the way we live, work, and connect have drastically changed. The result? Skyrocketing rates of mental health concerns. Today, the need for individuals who are equipped to identify the signs of mental health struggles and provide support is higher than ever.
The Refresher Course keeps your MHFA skills relevant and updates your knowledge with the latest in mental health research. Learn the signs that someone may be struggling while working remotely or in the new hybrid model, and sharpen your support skills by working through complex, real-life Mental Health First Aid conversations. You will also learn best practices to take care of your own mental health.
WHAT IS IT?:
A 4-hour online course to update and refresh your knowledge, skills, and confidence to identify, understand, and respond to friends, family, or a colleague who may be struggling with their mental health or a mental health crisis.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Mental Health First Aiders looking to update and further practice their skills
- Accredited Adult-to-Adult Mental Health First Aiders whose accreditation has expired or is near expiration
- Accredited Adult-to-Adolescent Mental Health First Aiders whose accreditation has expired or is near expiration
KEY LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand the gold standard of a compassionate mindset towards mental health
- Learn the latest research and trending risk factors in the field of mental health
- Sharpen detection skills to identify the signs that someone may be struggling with their mental health or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Deepen support skills by working through real-life case examples of how to respond to someone who may be struggling using the A.L.G.E.E. framework
- Improve self-care and learn how to better care for your own mental health
- Update knowledge of region-specific mental health resources
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- E-packet of key take-aways
- Updated mental health resource list
- E-certificate renewing your accreditation for three (3) more years