The LightHouse Arabia Clinical Workshop Series:
Guiding Adolescents and Adults to Develop Rich and Meaningful Lives
Date & Time: Thursday 26 & Friday 27 October, 2023 9am – 2pm (10 hours total) 2-Part Training (Online)
Investment: 1,750 AED per person + 5% VAT
Participants will receive a course manual and a certificate of attendance at the end of the 2-day training. For those collecting CME/CPD credit points, 6 points from DHA will apply.
Pre-Registration required: www.lighthousearabia.com/events
Advance booking and payment required. Limited spaces available. Kindly note, this is an online event. Details for how to join the Zoom meeting will be shared in advance.
THIS ONLINE TRAINING IS SUITABLE FOR
• School counselors and nurses working with primary school children and above
• Psychiatrists with psychotherapy experience
• General practitioners
• Executive and Life coaches
ABOUT ACT THERAPY
ACT is one of the fastest-growing, evidence-based behavioral therapies, with demonstrated effectiveness for primary school children, adolescents and adults.
ACT stands out in that it:
• Has broad applications across the range of mental health issues, and especially for anxiety, mood, and eating disorders
• Is a heavily experiential type of therapy that commonly employs metaphors and dynamic activities
• Combines aspects of mindfulness and acceptance with behavioral interventions
• Emphasizes values as the compass for our behaviors
• Incorporates skills to help clients unhook from negative thought patterns
• Can be used as a comprehensive model or parts of it can be incorporated into other therapeutic modalities
WHAT PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
Participants will be taught through didactic presentations, experiential exercises, and role-plays and will gain:
• In-depth understanding of the ACT Hexaflex model in adolescents and adults
• Different tools and techniques that are used in ACT therapy
• Knowledge of how to apply ACT skills when supporting children, adolescents and adults
About the Expert Trainer:
Dr. Daniela Salazar, PhD is a clinical psychologist and Education Director at The LightHouse Arabia. Her clinical practice involves working with children, adolescents, and adults. She has been a frequent international presenter on ACT and is valued by the international community for her deep theoretical and practical knowledge of ACT. She also is a master trainer for Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) and other corporate trainings. Her aim is to help clients live a fulfilled and happy life in line with their values.