Kindly note, this event date is now Fully Booked and registration is no longer open. Please visit our events page on the website for additional upcoming Free-of-cost Mental Health Champions trainings in partnership with DHA, which may still be available.
In partnership with the Dubai Health Authority (DHA), The LightHouse Arabia is pleased to offer this Free-of-Cost training, which is open to School Doctors, School Nurses, and School Counselors ONLY . This training will take place in-person at The LightHouse Arabia (821 Al Wasl Rd, Al Safa 2, Dubai).
The Mental Health Champion Course is a foundational training that empowers members of an organization to identify, connect, and respond to mental health concerns – in themselves and in others – with knowledge and compassion.
Date & Time: Monday, 25 September, 2023; 9am - 1pm
This 4-hour basic mental health support training will take place in-person at The LightHouse Arabia.
E-certificates will be e-mailed to participants upon completion of the course.
THE ROLE OF A MENTAL HEALTH CHAMPION:
- Become a champion at caring for your own mental health
- Serve as a champion for mental health in your workplace and for colleagues struggling with their mental health
For the individual:
- Deepen knowledge of mental health, mental illness, and the signs of mental struggles
- Develop greater compassion for individuals struggling with their mental health
- Build skills to identify and respond to the signs that you or a colleague may be struggling with their mental health
For the organization:
- Raise organization’s base level of mental health literacy
- Reduce stigma and normalize mental health issues
- Develop internal capabilities to recognize and support mental health challenges
*This Free-of-cost training is open to School Nurses & School Doctors.
This course provides information about mental health laws and resources in the UAE specifically.
Champions do not learn how to support colleagues experiencing mental health crises. Individuals need to take the 10-hour MHFA Certification Course for this purpose.
Champions should never diagnose or counsel. They are not a replacement for professional support services.