I am USA/UAE Licensed Clinical Psychologist and the Managing Director of The LightHouse Arabia. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois and moved to Dubai in 2008 with a mission to have a positive impact on the mental health of the individuals in this region.
As a young child I wanted to “change the world” but as I grew older I decided that I would much rather “heal ‘a’ world.” With this in mind I completed my undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor and my graduate studies at Arizona School of Professional Psychology where I received a Master's in Clinical Psychology and then continued to complete my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. As the years pass, I realize that psychology is not something I studied or a work that I do, but psychology is who I am.
I consider myself a generalist, with training and experience in a wide range of mental health issues. I have worked with individuals of varying cultures, ethnicities, religions, genders, and disabilities. I work with adolescents, and adults using talk psychotherapy. I work with children using play therapy and activity therapy.
At the LightHouse Arabia I work with a multitude of mental health issues in various settings including:
- Adult Psychotherapy:
- Adult disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Child Psychology: Childhood disorders (Anxiety, Depression, Behavior Difficulties)
- Parent Training to raise encouraged and emotionally resilient children
- Psychometrics and Assessments involving psychological and psycho-educational evaluations to diagnose:
- learning difficulties
- learning disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Non-Verbal Learning Disorder (NVLD)
- Executive coaching
- Critical Incident Debriefings
- Psychologist Assessments
- Seminars about mental health related issues (i.e. Time management, stress management, Dealing with difficult co-workers, Enhancing Work-Life Balance, Emotional Intelligence, Assertiveness Training etc.)
- Insight Oriented work with healthy individuals who want to know more about themselves and their purpose
- Community Outreach and Education: Presenter/Lecturer at seminars and workshops in the clinic, school and corporate settings
- Media expert on various psychologist issues
My special interest is in parenting and I have spent many years doing research and implementing parenting programs based on Adlerian child guidance principles.
I often hear people say, "I will be okay..time heals all wounds.” In fact, Time does not heal all wounds...but active work…most often painful work, towards healing heals all wounds. It takes a lot of courage to face and address the challenges that life presents us. The best and most skilled of us need an objective person sometimes to guide us through the rocky waters, help us get to safer shores, and then work with us on making meaning out of our struggle.